Friday, August 29, 2008

letters, we get letters


a submission from an equally angry vendor-----


okay where do i start?

i am aggravated at the video guys who think they are photogs and the djs that also think they are photogs!!!!!!!

I shot a wedding at a venue this weekend..should I mention the dump --not sure.

anyhow before the ceremony I went up to the dj to get the usual low down. The dj tells me that when i take my photos after the ceremony he is gonna take some to put up on his cheezy looking tvs that are already in this pretty tacky looking ballroom. I'm sorry---are we at the ESPN Zone? Did I mention behind the head table are shear curtains lining the back of the wall with almost a repulsive yellow tint. They look like they have been up there for about 30 years, never changed and dyed with the vomit of drunk groomsmen.

anyhow back to the story. So I tell the dj no it is not okay but does he listen of course not. So as I am doing groups he is clicking away...not to mention my assistant is trying to step in front of him every chance they get ha! So here is the killer ---half way through the video guy too pulls out his camera and starts shooting ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

So now i shoot the couple and it is like the paparazzi.  I finally get fed up and say hey you are distracting me....in a not so nice but nice manner... well i try to be nice to this fucking prick. I then take the couple away into a field and thank goodness they don't follow!


So i get into the reception and the photo the dj took are up on his awful looking tvs....of course the photos are crap, crap and more crap. Big piles of shit in hi-def. But are guests thinking this is my work? i hope not. So i ask the dj one more time can i give you some photos to put up there? He replies, "No, house rules... i cannot  - only our photos can go up there. what the fuck?

so here it is..........

DJ's I dont get all up in your booth and plug in my ipod and play dj so dont play photog!!!!!!!

video guys: i dont get all up in YOUR coolie and pull out a video cam, so put your camera  away.

dj and video guy: if you need photos just ask i will happily give them to you the way they should look. Stick to what you do and don;t try to do it all. Maybe practice your DJ skills, as they were not all that hot either---

No comments: